Initiated and managed from 2005 to 2010 by the Daniel Langlois Foundation, DOCAM's primary objective was to develop new methodologies and tools to address the issues of preserving and documenting technological and electronic works of art.
The DOCAM Web site allows visitors to explore the research alliance's key areas of focus:
- The conservation of works of art featuring technological components
- Documentation strategies and structures adapted to these works of art
- A typology and historical listing of the technologies deployed by the artists
- Catalogue structures and methods for works featuring technological components
- Terminological tools and structures for the electronic arts
In addition, a number of educational activities such as case studies, seminars and international summits were undertaken and generated many audiovisual documents, which are also available on the DOCAM Web site.